John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

GE Artic Profile ice maker quit working. Have light on

Customer Question

GE Artic Profile ice maker quit working. Have green light on maker. Tried turning off pushing paddle back 3 times to reset but No ice. Moved frig. Out and checked water supply coming in and it had good pressure. Now the ice maker was working because I could manually put water in freeze tray and it would despense. Through further diagnosis online it seemed as though the water value was the problem so I ordered a GE replacement part. When I installed and plugged in the power cord there was a small arc at plug and an unusual sound. Now I have green light on ice maker but it does not work. I think where I messed up was with the red connector on valve, as I wasn't sure which way the red connector went back on. After this happened i looked at other videos to see if I could see which side of the connector the orange was on and it looks like it goes to the out side of connector I had it the other way. Soon I'm sure I have toasted the new switch but what else is likley?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Have you tried testing the valve with a multimeter? It does sound like that is the problem. Any chance you can return the valve and get another one?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can order another one but prior to replacing valve the ice maker would work if I manually put water in the tray. Now with the new valve it want work. So I put the original back in to see if ice maker would work manually as before but it doesn't. My concern is obviously I plug the red connector backwards
would that have damaged any other electrical in system (ice maker) other than the new valve.
The freezer and frig. work fine.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

what is the model number of your unit?