Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag 3000 series I cleaned the drain pump but now

Customer Question

I have a Maytag 3000 series I cleaned the drain pump but now it will not start when I touch the start switch you hear the music that means power is getting to it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.
  1. Is the control lighting up?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gu2300xtvb1
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the control lock light lights uo
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Up
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have read other people on this board with the same issue and it's saying machine control board and motor control I saw the F28 message as well
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That is a dishwasher model number.....

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh sorry it's MHWE300VF00
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Select and hold CONTROL LOCK for 3 seconds until the Control Lock status light turns off. Will it then allow a program to start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it just lights up
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, are you getting the F28 now or right before this happened?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got The F21 first the the F28, I cleaned the drain pump and tried to start it nothing
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The F28 error code indicates a communication error between the control boards. Often times this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns. Let me know if it does and we can move forward.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok let me try
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

You bet, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi my washer is now working, I left it overnight and checked it in the morning it worked without removing the panel
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That is great news, hopefully it will not experience that error again! Thank you, Sharon! Have a great day today!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.