John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Kenmore4 Mini refrigerator with freezer. Following

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore4 Mini refrigerator with freezer. Following manual defrost, I see a sensor or thermostat hanging down in the refrigerator section. I don't know where to place it to it's proper position. Please help me
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Kenmore Model 183HSL06WNAWW. Purchased in July 2007 with a five year warranty
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I believe I just need to know where to place the senor that is currently hanging down in the refrigerator section. Does it line up with the under drip shelf, place in the freezer section or???
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am a senior who has manually defrosted the unit many times in the past. Today, I believe, following the defrost process and when drying the excels moisture out with a small towel, in error, I moved the sensor from it's correct placement. Help! Thanks!!!
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

There should be a small clip on the bottom of the evaporator where the sensor goes. Do you see that clip?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Disappointed to say, your response was of no assistance to our inquiry.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

I asked you a question that you never answered!? Good luck.