Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

If it is designed to flush out the lint with the water, it

Customer Question

If it is designed to flush out the lint with the water, it is a very poor design. I have to put my colored T-shirts and pants in the dryer to get the lint off before I hang the clothes on the line. If I dried everything in the dryer, it would work but I don't.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag MVWC415EW purchased April 15, 2016.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It can't be a major repair job as most lint filters are just put on the agitator.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of but it is a pain to run the clothes in the dryer before you hang them outside to dry.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 days ago.

So what exactly is it that you are trying to do? Replace the filter?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
There is no filter at all but if it is possible, I would like one as after I am done washing the clothes I have to put them in the dryer to remove the lint before I hang them on the clothesline. I prefer to dry my clothes outside on the line.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 days ago.

So what exactly is your dryer doing or not doing?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Your answer was another question. OK. The washer is supposed to flush the lint out when it drains. It doesn’t – but you can’t even check to see how much water is in the washer as the lid locks and doesn’t unlock until the washer is done. I even checked with a Maytag store and they don’t know anything either. Don’t know what else to tell you except I HATE THIS WASHER!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 days ago.

Well when a washer is running the door is not supposed to open until the water is all out. Your washer has one filter on the drain pump. You are going to need to check that. If the lint is not flushing then chances are the drain pump is full of lint and restricting it from going anywhere.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 23 hours ago.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.