Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

Panasonic 1100w power grill, push button for opening dor

Customer Question

Panasonic 1100w power grill, push button for opening dor does not open! How can I check it? ***@******.***
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.

It sounds like the door hinges have got a bit out of line, allowing the door to drop slightly, so the catch mechanism won't quite disengage. Look along the bottom edge of the door and see if it has dropped lower than the front panel next to it. Try applying a bit of upward pressure on the bottom edge with your fingers, while pulling towards you at the same time, and with your other hand press the release button.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** able to find a proper screwdriver in order to take the cover of. Then noticed that the plastic mechanism attached to the door button is broken! This morning, I was able to find a replacement part, thank you
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 11 days ago.

Well I am certainly glad to hear the problem is solved. You have a great rest of your day.