John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Samsung frost free french door bottom freezer becomes

Customer Question

Samsung frost free french door bottom freezer becomes overloaded with frost in the Fridge so that it stops working. why?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: rf266aers is model
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If it is possible yes I would like to do the work myself.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
back wall full of frost - difficult to even remove shelves due to the amount of frost. Takes two days to have the back wall warm to room temperature even with some help from blow dryer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no issues with freezer but the ice maker mechanism ripped out by grandchild and not replaced/repaired.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Behind the rear wall in the refrigerator is the cooling coil that is freezing up. It is designed to thaw itself, so something is not allowing that. There is a fuse back there that is common to open and i s what is likely causing the issue you are having. Are you able to thaw the frost completely and remove the rear wall from inside the refrigerator to access this fuse for testing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Remive this eall to do the defrosting How do i test
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The attached page shows how to access the coil in the refrigerator. The fuse may be tested for continuity. It should show closed, no resistance, just like a solid wire.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dont understand
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Do you have an electrical test meter that can measure continuity?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Test current yes
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I will see if another may be available to help. You will need a meter to measure continuity.