Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

KitchenAid Refrigerator KFCS22EVMS ... I am having problems

Customer Question

KitchenAid Refrigerator KFCS22EVMS ... I am having problems with the water dispenser, the fridge is 6 years old and we have never had an issue but within the last month when you use the water dispenser (inside the fridge, side) the flow is jerky and it makes a banging sound while dispensing almost like the line is blocked and then other times it flows without a problem.
I changed the filter but still have the problem.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds as if the problem may be with your water inlet valve and will need to be tested. These things can build up with sediment over time and it is advised not to clean them just replace them. Cleaning them will not work. They can be tested to see if it is the issue though.

This is the link to the part

This is how you test it.

If this does turn out to be your problem you will need to order this part and replace it.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.