Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have an lg electric dryer Tromm DLE 7177WM check filter

Customer Question

I have an lg electric dryer Tromm DLE 7177WM check filter light flashing cleaned out filter try and start dryer nothing works but you here a sound of clicking from the front of the dryer just a light sound clicking unplugged and checked CL still nothing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years olds DEL7177WM
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Also we have to run it several times to dry things
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you

You may have a clogged vent line.
Which will cause the check filter light to go on sometimes.
If the air is not getting out the vent and is blocked the sensor thinks the filter is clogged.
And you will not get heat either.
Check that the flexible vent line behind the dryer is not kinked or crushed.
A simple way to check if the vent line leading out from the dryer to the out side of the house is clogged is to remove the vent line from the rear of the dryer.
If the dryer gets hot when the vent line is removed, then the clog is between there and the outside vent door.
sometimes the little door outside the house gets stuck closed due to lint build up.
Or anything can be in the vent going into wall too.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Could the circuit board be bad
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 days ago.

Yes that is a possibility as well. If you have checked and are finding no clogs or lint and air is coming from outside then that would be a logical thing.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 days ago.

I wanted to check in with you to see if you had found any clogs anywhere yet?