Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

I have a Hotpoint WF340 washing machine. When I start the

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint WF340 washing machine. When I start the wash cycle the rinse hold, min load and start button all flash and nothing more happens
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 5 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably not but I hoped it is just a simple fault
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's worked fine until last night
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** the range uses the same pcb for its operation but with different function leds - firstly can you confirm that you have 5 leds on your display?

Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 days ago.

From what you have said you have the 3rd and 4th leds (from the top) flashing together with the on/off led? If this is the case then there is a problem with the temperature sensor.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That's what I thought.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 days ago.

What you need to do is check that you have continuity through the heater, if not then it will need replacing. check that you have a resistance through the themistor which is part of the heater and check the wiring between the pcb and heater is intact. One of these should show up as faulty. In the meantime would you now kindly rate the information given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done you can come back to me at anytime for further help.