Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

L Have an LG Model# LFX25973ST/03 refrigerator and the

Customer Question

l Have an LG Model# ***** refrigerator and the icemaker has stopped working. It is not filling the ice tray with water. I have turned the unit on and off several times to no avail. It seems as though it is not getting power, as it makes no noise. The cold water from the door works well. HELP
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The unit was manufactured in 2014 and I have owned it for a year. The number I gave you was the only number on the door.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on how complicated the process is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The rest of the refrigerator works fine and I have no complaints.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. When was the last time you changed your water filter? Also have you inspected the door switch to see if it is faulty. You may need to test it with a multimeter to see if its working ok. In the event that is not the issue this may be with the ice maker assembly itself.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will check those areas out. How do I get back to you if I need more assistence?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 days ago.

you can leave this page open or you can bookmark this page for easy access back to me. I am on for a while tonight so you should have no problem reaching me.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will not be able to diagnose the problem tonight. I will not be able to get back to the refrigerator until next Saturday.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 days ago.

oh ok well in that case when you are able to work with the unit I am here to assist you. Just follow up with me here on this thread when you are ready.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 days ago.

your welcome