Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Sure Pearl. Samsung WF218ANW stopped spinning. Got into the

Customer Question

Sure Pearl. Samsung WF218ANW stopped spinning. Got into the service mode and motor will spin slow
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: But going into the Quck spin mode it does not spin up, and it should go to max RPM. Its maybe 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can I am an EE and have fixed most of the appliances.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I go into the Quick Spin test, Error code E2 comes up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Is it E2 coming up or 2E? E2 suggests that its a stuck key. The fact that the motor is not spinning quickly suggests either there is a clog or the motor is going out on you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

is the water draining?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Filter is clean at the pump and the filter propeller is free, drains just fine. Got all the easy stuff out of the way first.
Are you familiar with the Quick Test mode and Service modes on these units. The motor that spins the drum is fine. As shown by the quick test spin test, it spins both directions. The FAST spin is the problem and I think it is a relay on the motor control board. There is no Stuck Key. E2 is either a switch error. But door switch is fine, or MAIN RELAY. What part number is ***** and I will change it out.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200903/20090310195657546/WF218ANS-02440B-04.pdf

The E2 code according to the manual is a stuck key but I do agree it seems like its a sensor on the board but I do not believe that Samsung sells the parts separately which would mean just replacing the whole board. Since I do not currently have the service manual to this unit I will open this question up to other experts to see if they may have the manual you are needing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
E2 was wrong it was because I was holding the keys in too long. I tried resetting the PCB memory, and the washer started working Now it goes into fast spin test properly. Pretty sure I have solved the problem. Spin cycle works as it should now.