Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Unplugged my kitchen aid refrigerator to clean the inside.

Customer Question

Unplugged my kitchen aid refrigerator to clean the inside. Plugged it back in and the lights are on ,but it won't cool down?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

How long has it been plugged back in?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks so much. The fridge started cooling about 5-10 minutes after I plugged it back in. In the past, whenever I plugged it back in after cleaning it , it kicked right on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Excellent! The board, oftentimes, needs that time for a reset or may start in a defrost cycle. Let me know if it gives you any more trouble!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.