Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a maytag centenniel top load washer with an

Customer Question

we have a maytag centenniel top load washer with an automatic water level. today when we start to wash clothes, it starts on the agitating cycle., and goes from there. It do'st want to fill up, although it does spray water during a spinning phase. it do'snt complete the spin cycle, or anything else, and leaves the clothes soaked when done. it also seams to start to fill, and then stops. it work fine until this mourning.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model is, mvwc6esww1, and i'm quessing about 5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it's within me, and i can figure out what's wrong
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i'm not sure, talking to you guys is a first for me. I'm still not quite sure how this works
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The pressure switch is telling the control that the water level is high, so it will not fill or spin if the control thinks water is in the tub.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 4 is the switch in question.

CLICK HERE

Attached to that switch is a small hose. If you pull that hose off and blow through it and air easily passes and nothing changes, that switch will need to be replaced. I will get you specific instructions for accessing that switch.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello. hey, I need to know if I can open up the control panel and remove the pressure the same way they did it in the video. They are two different models. Mine is a maytag centenniel ? Is there a difference?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

They are the same machine, just a bit cosmetically different. Slide a putty knife under each end cap, just like in the video.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks guy, I'll give it ago. Wish me luck. Nice to have met you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Absolutely my pleasure, thank you!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page!