John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a LG THROMM model 2077CW electric clothes washer with

Customer Question

I have a LG THROMM model 2077CW electric clothes washer with dirtect drive. I placed a few clothes in my washer clicked on cold water wash and permanent press. The washer started but within a few seconds stopped. It didn't make the familiar sound of the water starting to come into the drum. I tried three times and the same thing happened. Can you tell me what can be the problem. I am a senior in a private house and no one has tampered with the water. I thank you in advance. Saturday Oct. 16th 2016.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Do you often wash your clothes in cold water? If not then it could be a problem with the cold water hose? In the event you do often wash it in cold water when you close the door to select the cycle do you happen to hear the door click meaning that it is locking?