John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have Kenmore 665.12783K311 dishwasher. In the morning all

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have Kenmore 665.12783K311 dishwasher.
In the morning all lights on Dishwasher Control Panel suddenly lit and panel was unresponsive for couple minutes. Then everything was cleared up.
We loaded dishwasher and started the cycle. In couple minutes we opened door to add a dish. At this point all lights lit up and could not be cleared up. In about 5 minutes all lights went off, but now machine does not response to any buttons. Display on the front shows “Washing…” and beeps. Disconnecting – reconnecting power changed nothing. I’ve opened door assembly and checked for water marks or loose wires, but did not find any. The only suspicions item is Dishwasher Vent Assembly which has a black residue on the side of the solenoid.
Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends. Electric parts I might be able to replace myself... Mostly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've already send you a whole story, but will answer all additional questions if needed.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

If you press cancel, the control does not respond at all?