John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

When I opened my dishwasher this morning the door and

Customer Question

When I opened my dishwasher this morning the door and interior had a scummy look. The dishes looked like the rinse agent hadn't worked but when I checked it was full. It seems like the rinse agent isn't coming out. Could you please tell me how I check to see if this is the problem and how I can fix this problem before I phone our retailer.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: It is a Whirlpool and I hope this is the model # W10632081A.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. My husband usually does this but he is away at work until the end of the month so I am going to try and if I can't we have a excellent retailer and their tech's are the best.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. This particular dishwasher seems to have problems at least every 3 or 4 months since we bought it last year. It is getting expensive fixing it so I would like to try.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 12 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dishwasher door the model/serial tag is on the tank face frame normally on the right side , and

W10632081A. is NOT a model number but the part number for that part the number was on.