John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a ge microwave over the stove with convection.

I have a ge microwave over the stove with convection. cooking at 400 plus it stop completely. I have the unit JVM 1750 SK01 taken down. I assuming it could be a fuse.
How do I access that area? Any other suggestions?

Welcome to JustAnswer. If the oven has a U shaped cover, remove it by removing the screws. If not, look at the area just behind the control panel. You can locate the fuse by tracing the colored wire from the power cord terminal block to the snap in fuse holder. Replacement fuses are available from any good hardware store.

If you need more help, after replacing the fuse, please let me know.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Do you need more help, before your request times out? If not, please take a moment to rate my service to you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have a file. I replaced the fuse. No effect.Is there another easy fix?

Will you please explain what you mean, when you type "cooking at 400"? Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The Roast garlic had been cooking at 425 convection for 20 min. then the control panel went blank. It still is. Replacing the 250-20 ceramic buse type fuse did not restore the screen.I had never tried to cook that hot before.THe fuse has a black ring in the middle of it but it still has continuity. I replaced the fuse with a Radio Shack fuse that was 250-20

Thank you. The black ring's presence indicates that there was an over current condition that heated the fuse to nearly the point of opening up. Since the control board still does not work, it will need to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### and its price is $159.50. You can buy it at, where a replacement video is available to help you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.