Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My GE Washer PTWN6250MOWT shows "lid"on teh control panel

Customer Question

My GE Washer PTWN6250MOWT shows "lid"on teh control panel and won't function. I replaced the lid switch sensor yesterday and the problem continues. What is the next step to try?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ia there a technician available?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

When you replaced the lid switch ,did you test it to see if it was faulty or did you just replace it?

And if you did not test it and have replaced the lid switch .

You either have a wiring harness issue from the lid switch to the electronic control board ( which is unlikely but possible) or you have a failed electronic control board .(which is more likely)

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/WH12X10481/1811503?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not test to see if the lid switch was faulty but it is replaced. What would casue the electronic control board to be faulty? Perhaps a surge?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
power surge? or do they just give out after a few years? The washer is 4-5 years old.

Yes a power surge or a brown out is the # 1 cause of electronic control board failures.

I have seen some thing as simple as just the power flickering off and back on taking control board out /making them go bad .