Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My Whirlpool cabrio dryer model #WED6400SW0 won't start. All

Customer Question

My Whirlpool cabrio dryer model #WED6400SW0 won't start. All indicatpor lights light up including start button but will not start when I press start button.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That could be several different issue causing that problem, so the only way to figure out what is causing the problem is to follow the trouble shooting procedures listed under won't start cycle when start button is pressed on page 3 of the tech sheet I have provided below. You will need a ohm/volt meter for testing purposes as well. So if you have a meter and follow the tech sheet you will be able to know for sure what component is causing the issue.

click here to open/download tech data sheet

Let me know if you have any questions or run into anything you need help with and I will be glad to assist, thanks. In the meantime please read below:

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 days ago.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?