Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a JPB80A S1AA Serial # HL221742G. When the oven is

Customer Question

I have a JPB80A S1AA Serial # HL221742G. When the oven is turned on, all the burners automatically heat up. How do I resolve this problem?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a General Electric Model JBP80A. Don't know how old it is. I bought it used.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

To be clear, all the burners turn on when you turn the burner on? Not as soon as you plug it in? Also, what burners exactly are turning on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The burners on the top of the range are in off position. I turn on the oven and the oven begins to heat up, in addition
to that the burners on the top of range start heating up. I did not turn the burners on, the burners switches are in off position.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK are you sure you have the power cord to the oven attached properly. You'll need a multimeter to test but if you check the terminal block on the back of the oven you should have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires. Then if you test between each out side wire when compared with the middle neutral wire you should have 110 volts. If all that checks good, your display control board has shorted. This is your mother board for the oven and it would need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?