Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a samsung electric dryer. When you start it it spins

Customer Question

I have a samsung electric dryer. When you start it it spins fine but no heat. What is wrong? Model number DV40J3000EW/A2
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 13 days ago.

Have you verified 240 VAC to the dryer at the cord?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Here is my meter. What do I set it on to test and how do I test? Also should it be plugged in when testing
Expert:  Kelly replied 13 days ago.

Set the meter to the first V with the squiggly line, that is AC voltage. Plug the machine in and measure where the cord is attached to the dryer, between the two outside terminals, red and black. Do you read 240 volts or close on the meter display?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it reads 244.8
Expert:  Kelly replied 13 days ago.

Great! So that means there is an issue in the heating circuit, likely the element. The element comes with all the thermostats, see the link below for a video showing how to replace it!

The part is available below.

Nice work, Sam!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!