Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a top loading Amana washer Model #NAV6800AWW. It is

Customer Question

I have a top loading Amana washer Model #NAV6800AWW. It is vibrating (oscillating) and walking. I replaced the belt, all the springs and the bottom snubber ring. It is still vibrating but not as bad a before the replacements. What else can I do.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8-9 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It also make tic, tic, tic noise under the drum when in the spin cycle. The vibration is only in the spin cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to go over your question and I will be right with you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

So it sounds like the problem may be with the balancing ring or the leveling legs. You have replaced the only other causes. Give me just a moment to find a replacement part for balancing ring.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The machine is level.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I thought you said that its walking when its vibrating?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is still moving but not as much as before the replacements
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Then it still sounds like the leveling legs or balance ring may be the problem. The problem with the balancing ring is it is no longer available. The ticking noise is more than likely from something still hitting the siding of the unit when its spinning.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Can you inspect the leveling legs under the unit to make sure they are tightly in there and even. The vibrating may have loosened them and will need to be checked.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The 2 front legs are secure The back legs are self adjusting.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

alright well it does sound like the balancing ring is the problem but since that part is no longer available I am out of options. I will open this up to other experts to see if anyone else has any other ideas.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The oscillation is only 1/4" or less