Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Kitchen kid dishwasher won't come on, model KUDP02CR thtas

Customer Question

kitchen kid dishwasher won't come on
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: model KUDP02CR thtas want I was looking for , how to test
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it took a power surge. burn up the board, replaced it but think theres problems else were
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to go over your question and I will be right with you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

So you said there was a power surge and it burnt the board so you replaced that. Have you checked to make sure the breaker is not kicked? how about that the outlet is getting sufficient power? Did your new board need to be programmed after installing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dishwasher has power coming to it just won't come on. Do these boards have to be programmed?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

most of them do yes did yours not come with instructions on how to program it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. Bought it on line
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

I am not seeing instructions on how to program so yours may come pre programmed. Ok so then what it sounds like the problem may be is your thermal fuse which is not included when ordering the board is bad as well when the power surge happened and will need to be replaced as well to restore power to the board.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kitchenaid-Dishwasher-Thermal-Fuse/W10258275/1549751?modelNumber=KUDP02CRBL0&ss=a9b121i185d649457&mr=1

This is what you will need and they ship fast. I believe it will solve your problem.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The thermal fuse is fine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You still there?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Yes I am sorry about that. Did you inspect the thermal fuse?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's good. I have power coming into the control board ,I have checked the door switch and it's good.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

ok so if you have tested the door switch and latch as well as the thermal fuse and the control board is new then your problem lies in the touch panel and will need to be replaced. That is the only other explanation and your unit sells this part separately from the main control board

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kitchenaid-Dishwasher-Touchpad-And-Control-Panel/8572356/1180682?modelNumber=KUDP02CRBL0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b121d649457

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's just a plastic panel that holds everything. The flat plug, I did a continuity test on that and it's fine
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think what I'm looking for is a called overlay. That what has the buttons and that might have smoked with power surge. That other thing will do me no good
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm going to have a service guy come out and see if they can test this overlay. I think this is the problem , every thing else I have tested is working, but thanks for trying.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

that would be a good idea. I appreciate you trying with us though. Sometimes its not always as simple as take this off and put this on or replace this switch. Either way this company repair clinic if you purchase the part and it does not fix your problem you can return it for up to 1 year. If you would be interested in saving the money of a service call. Just figured I would though that out there.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kitchenaid-Dishwasher-Overlay/WP8572205/1180633?modelNumber=KUDP02CRBL0&ss=a9b121i577d649457&mr=1

If you do decide to try that then this is the part you would need to order.