Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator/Freezer (Model #:

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator/Freezer (Model #: GSF26C4EXW02). The Ice Maker has quite working. Water is still available to get filtered water from the Fridge. The Ice Maker switch is on and the Dispenser motor works. It just doesn't produce any ice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

I have uploaded the diagnostic procedure for checking the ice maker on that unit, follow the directions on the sheet, first you will want to do check the ice level sensor and make sure the optics check out good, if not the optic boards will need to be replaced. If that checks out ok then do the ice maker test shown on the right side of the optics test, if the ice maker fills with water and never completes a harvest then the ice maker is bad and needs to be replaced, if it never fills then the water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

click here to open download tech data sheet

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The tech sheet wasn't that helpful. I've pulled cover off of the icemaker and now my refrigerator keeps giving me an "Open Door" warning even though the door is closed. Furthermore, I've got a problem with the light in the freezer and the refrigerator working and then stops working.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Can you tell me is there any ice or water in the ice make cavity /mold?

And if you open the fresh food and freezer doors and press in on the door light switch paddles do the interior lights if fact go off or do they stay on?

If you have the doors open for more then 5 minutes at any one time the control board will turn the lights off .

you then have to close the doors and reopen for it to get the lights to come back on .

That is is it is working correctly.