Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Thermador oven model sc301t no bake no broil no convection

Customer Question

thermador oven model sc301t no bake no broil no convection will no heat up at all power is on no problem with 40 amp breaker
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: have no tried that
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes can not afford a tech at this time
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I will try your suggestion you say about 3hours to leave it unpluged
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

There is a high limit thermostat on this model oven that tend to trip. You will want to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven and then open the door. Remove the screws going into the vent cover panel that goes across the door latch just below the control panel. Remove this panel and you'll see the door latch. Behind the door latch is a 1" black and silver device with a tiny red button that looks like the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE to see high limit thermostat

That is your high limit thermostat. Push the red button hard and if it clicks the oven will start heating properly again. Other than that if you still have issues, either your air interlock switch below the oven in the vent below the oven has failed and isn't triggering anymore when the cooling fan comes on, or your relay control board has failed so it's not sending power to your elements anymore.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?