John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I purchased a Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier (2) years

Customer Question

I purchased a Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier (2) years ago and misplaced the owners manual. I think it is a 70 pint dehumidifier that is in my basement.
Recently the dehumidifier will run approx. an hour after I plug it in and then it stops with an error message on the readout that says: EC
How can I solve this issue so the dehumidifier will run continuous ?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

That error means that the ambient temperature is too high (>91* F). Of course, if this is not the case, the issue is that the sensor that monitors the air temperature may be out of range or the air flow has been diminished due to a dirty air filter or other reasons. Have you cleaned the filter? May I have the model number of the dehumidifier, please?