Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

My lg direct drive true balance washer never makes it

Customer Question

My lg direct drive true balance washer never makes it through a complete cycle. A code UE comes up.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 4-5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is not too difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you tonight.

The uEcode may appear during the cycle to indicate that your washer has detected an out of balance load and is attempting to re balance it.

This display is for your information only: no action is required.

The washer will add water and try to redistribute the load automatically.

This UE error code appears if the uE re balance (see above) is not successful. It indicates that the load may be too small, heavy articles may be mixed with lighter items, or the load is simply still out of balance.

The automatic attempt to re balance the load has not worked, so the cycle has been paused to allow the load to be adjusted manually.

Small loads may need additional items to be added.

The load may have heavy items mixed in with lighter items. Always try to wash articles of somewhat similar weight to allow the washer to evenly distribute the weight of the load for spinning.

Manually redistribute the load if articles have become tangled, preventing the automatic distribution from working properly.