John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My jenn air side by side refrig temperture on the refrig

Customer Question

My jenn air side by side refrig temperture on the refrig isn,t cooling but the freezer temp is ok.WHat is wrong ?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you had a chance to inspect the coils to make sure that they are not frozen over. In the event they are not next you will need to check your thermistor. Do you have the model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Model # jcd2292htb.frige is 10 yrs old
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 days ago.

Have you inspected the coils to see if they are frozen or have ice built up on them?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 days ago.

We can try putting your unit into service mode to see if it will tell us anything. I will send over an additional offer for the service manual in order to do this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks but no thanks. Cancel my
Subscription !!! I feel Ihave been duped and by the end I WIIL END UP PAYING FOR A SERVICE THAT A TECH WOULD HAVE CHARGED ME ON A HOUSE call. Good by
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 days ago.

I sent in your question to be cancelled but in all fairness repair men will up charge your parts and charge this for just coming out. They will not fix anything and will still spend more but I sent your question into customer care to be refunded and cancelled. Have a great rest of your day. I apologize you did not feel my information was helpful. Its just easier to retrieve the codes instead of guessing as to what can be wrong.