John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE oven model jgb660eej1es. Hubby ran self cleaning

Customer Question

I have a GE oven model jgb660eej1es. Hubby ran self cleaning cycle but didn't read manual on how to actually use it. Tried forcing the door open before it cooled down and now the mechanism won't allow the oven door to close. And it won't set back to open position. I have unplugged it and have tried to restart a self clean cycle for shortest duration possible then waited for 2 -3 hours to cool down, but it did not work. I have the back off and am wondering what to do next to try and repair latching mechanism myself. Any suggestions or advice?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Did you bend the bar?