Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ge jkp15 built in oven seem to either burn my baked

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: my ge jkp15 built in oven seem to either burn my baked products or cuts of mid baking several times.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: just a moment let me look, but at least 15 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have a handy man after I get the part
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no code is flashing on the panel, jkp15woww
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?