Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Having a problem with my Maytag dishwasher. The clean light

Having a problem with my Maytag dishwasher. The clean light is flashing and wont reset. I tried pulling the power for a couple of minutes to reset the circuit board. I also swapped out the control board with a new one I bought last year.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
MOD: MDBH969AWW1

You should be able to reset the flashing clean light. Press High Temp Wash, Heated Dry, High Temp Wash, Heated Dry, High Temp Wash, Heated Dry, High Temp Wash, Heated Dry. All the lights should go solid at which point you can press cancel to reset the board. If that doesn't work, then your control board that you replaced just came faulty because nothing else would stop the flashing clean light from at least resetting.

Now if you reset the issue and the clean light comes back in the next cycle, you have a problem. You could have a failed component including a faulty heater, control board, or high limit thermostat. You'd need to uninstall your dishwasher, disconnect power and lay it on it's back to check the resistance of the heater as well as the resistance of the high limit thermostat to confirm if they were bad or good. You should get tangible reading of between 5 and 30 ohms on the heater if it's good and less than one ohm on the high limit thermostat. If both of those devices check good, then replace the control board because that's the one device you cannot test.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried the steps recommended by TylerZ and am satisfied with the results. This has definitely save me money for having a tech come to my house and pay $89 for a trip fee.

No problem and I'm glad I could help! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today as that is how I get credit for helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The reset sequence on the control panel did not work. I'm going to look for as new control board to buy.

Alright, below is a link to the control board you'd need for your model. It's part number WPW10285180.

CLICK HERE for control board

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?