John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My refrigerator freezer is not freezing it is cool but not

Customer Question

My refrigerator freezer is not freezing it is cool but not freezing anything how can I fix this it is model #NNT176A
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: it is a chef magic and about 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible if it is not two hard
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It just stopped freezing the other night it still runs and the light in it still comes on it just is not getting cold
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?