Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I bought a house that had a Whirlpool dishwasher that has a

Customer Question

I bought a house that had a Whirlpool dishwasher that has a stainless steel front panel. I don't like SS and wanted to change it to white. I looked online at Whirlpool parts and did not find a white panel or any white spray appliance paint for sale, only SS or black. I also noticed that a new panel was $166. Can I get white appliance spray paint or a cheaper white panel?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sorry, I should have included that. The house was built in 2005. So, prob. was original to the house. All the info on the panel label: 575-0 type. MOD DU1050. Serial # FS1002801.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably by my handyman. I am not "handy".
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything except that I am in Michigan, if that helps.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

There is specific paint you can use to spray the unit for the appliance. Below is a link to white spray paint you can order for your appliance, you are correct that they did not make this unit in White. They did however make it in Bisque but the panel is not even sold anymore.

CLICK HERE for paint

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?