John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My GE top loading machine stopped and will not start again.

Customer Question

My GE top loading machine stopped and will not start again. I tried to unplug and open the lid 6 times for reset and it still will not start. My daughter put too many towels in it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know. It has a start button on the right and a spot spray button above it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I fixed my front load Whirlpool and my friend's frigidare one too. This one is my parents'. I am watching their house.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I took out all the water.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 15 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you get me the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Where is the model number located?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.

The model should be on a tag on the back edge of the console or on the frame edge where you open the lid.