Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Problem with my Maytag front load washer, MHW51000W0 LESS

Problem with my Maytag front load washer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MHW51000W0 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't get the machine to do anything other than lock the door when i select start. No water is coming and the drum wont move. I checked the hose filters and their clean and the water lines are open.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information on your unit and I will be right with you.

I am having a hard time locating your model number can you double check that for me please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MHW5100DW0

That is what I needed one moment please.

So when you are selecting buttons on your control panel they are not reacting?

If they work when you press them I would like to put your unit into diagnostics mode so we can figure out what is going on. I will send over an offer for your service manual to assist you with doing this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can click to start a cycle and it will lock the doors shut, but that's all that it does. It stays that way and doesn't give any errors.

Ok its not going to give errors until we send it into diagnostics mode, If the control panel is not doing what you are telling it to do then your problem is with the control panel and will need to be replaced.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WPW10693604/0026/110.html

Since it is less than a year old there is a possibility that its still under warranty and i would call where you purchased it from to see if they will send someone out to repair this for you for free.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought it from Home Depot. How do I put it into diagnostics mode?

I sent over the offer for the service manual if you accept that I can send it personally to you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I ran the diagnosis. It is giving me a C0 error. What does that mean?

Door lock motor is actuated. Door

unlocks, and then locks again.

Pump is activated for 15 seconds.

• Door Lock System

• Drain Pump

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do I need to do to fix it?

Since the unit is locking then your problem lies in your drain pump. Is it staying locked when its trying to enter a cycle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The door locks when I press start to begin a cycle but then nothing happens.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where do I go from here?

Do you happen to have a multimeter? We can check the drain pump to see if its functioning?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do. Where do I put it?

just one moment

I know this is not your unit persay but its the same concept.

How is it going?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm giving up for the night.

Just wanted to check in with you to see if anything further was figured out.

I noticed your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were needing anything further?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We found out that there wasn't an issue with the washer at all. There was a power surge and all it took was to unplug if for a few minutes and plug it back in.