John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

We purchased a whirpool propane water heater 2 1/2 years ago

Customer Question

we purchased a whirpool propane water heater 2 1/2 years ago our pilot light will not stay lit.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 1/2 years we purchased in March of 2014 it is a 30 gallon propane gas model L30S61-303
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just wondering if it can be repaired it should definitely last longer than it has I would think.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. The burner is most likely clogged with soot, which reduces the flame level. Remove the burner assembly, and wash it out with hot water, until the soot stops running out the holes. Dry the burner assembly with a propane torch or heat gun, and reinstall it.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Do you need more help, before your request times out? If not, please take a moment to rate my service to you.