Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washer MVWB880BW0 that had a power

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washer MVWB880BW0 that had a power surge and now when you plug it in the washer just pours water and kicks the drain pump on but just keeps pouring water and you can't make it stop. A technician looked at it and said it needs a control board. Does that mean the control panel or the main board?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About a year old Bravos XL the tag says Type 580-05
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just want to make sure I'm replacing the right part. They are both pricey
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Unfortunately the only thing that can cause your issue is the main control board as the technician suspected. The part number you'd need to order for your model is W10522399 and unfortunately it's about $220.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have cancelled my subscription because as I said earlier I had two separate questions not one. One about a washer and one about a dryer. I have only gotten answers about the washer and my question about the dryer was flagged as a duplicate. So thanks but I already have the information I need.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

You never rated me for the information I gave you on this washer however...