Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I just bought a Kitchenaid Downdraft slide-in dual fuel

Customer Question

I just bought a Kitchenaid Downdraft slide-in dual fuel range, KSDG950ESS, AND ON THE PRODUCT OVERVIEW it says that "This all-in-one dual fuel range includes Downdraft, which integrates the ventilation system so a separate hood is not needed. Smoke and odors can be removed outside OR FILTERED AIR CAN BE RECIRCULATED INSIDE. So this range has the ability to filter smoke and odor without venting externally.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

There is a carbon filter inside the downdraft to remove grease and smoke and odor, but take it with a grain of salt. It does filter out some, but not all of these things. It's better to vent outside but in situations where you can not, it a good second option.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?