John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Stove GS563LXSS serial no. RUdoes not reach set baking temp.

Customer Question

stove GS563LXSS serial no. RU(###) ###-####does not reach set baking temp. when temp is set pre heat lites up ok but the bake and warm lites show up and temp doew reach setting. tried unplugging but no avail. don't remember warm lite coming on. is there a reset or how do I turn kofff warm mode if that's the problem. I can hear oven turn on but doesn't reach temp. sometimes I turn off and try again and it doesn't say pre heat even though temp is too low.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: make and model is above??
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if simple enough for a electrical engineer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its a whirlpool with model and serial no above
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

To be clear, does the oven display THINK that the oven is reaching temperature? Or does it sit there trying to get to temperature but the display never shows it has reached temperature and the oven isn't heating properly either?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?