John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I just went to put in a new water filter for gaggenau 491 RN

Customer Question

I just went to put in a new water filter for gaggenau 491 RN RY and it's stuck. I can't get it to turn and I can't remove it. Any advice? Thanks
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Get a channel locks and rag to wrap around it and grab it to get it back out. Also make sure you have the correct filter, let me know.