Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Ice forms on freezer door. Changed door gasket 3 or 4 years

Customer Question

Ice forms on freezer door. Changed door gasket 3 or 4 years ago. Is there any way to prevent this icing ?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

If frost is forming on the door, it means that either the freezer is set too cold, or the door seal isn't sealing up properly. Use a hair dryer and heat up the door seal all the way around and then close the door and continue heating the door seal to make sure everything is formed properly and seals up all the way around. Other than that, set the temperature inside the freezer so that the temperature never goes below 0 degrees or there will be too much unwanted frost build up. That's all you can do and if the seal is sealing up all the way around then you shouldn't have problems again. Also, where the ice is forming on the door is the direct location that air is leaking in so be sure to heat up the seal in that area well and make sure it's making good contact with the frame of the refrigerator when the door is closed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?