Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have the same beeping issue that repairman 1981 responded

Customer Question

I have the same beeping issue that repairman 1981 responded to 5 years ago with no resolution. Has a fix been found?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: We had a power outage due to Matthew. Power came back on all was fine. Cleaned out refrigerator and door was open for extended time for cleaning.
After this the unit beeps about every second when the door is closed but not when open.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Not for a few hours!? Its built in so that will be a challenge I think it has a dedicated breaker. How long exactly? It IS cooling its just beeping.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What work?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No but how long should it be powered down for a "power cycling" to be effective?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is the over temp alarm going off, the alarm will signal when it has been trying to cool and not reached a certain temperature withing a certain time frame. The fact you had the door opened while cleaning and it was open for a long period time while doing so did not allow the unit to cool and the computer recognized this and started the alarm. Kill the power at the breaker for at least 10 minutes restore power leave the doors closed and let the unit get down to temperature and it should be fine. If the beeping continues after that then main board on the unit will have to be replaced.

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?