Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I'm looking for a new timer unit for my kenmore oven, not

Customer Question

I'm looking for a new timer unit for my kenmore oven
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: not sure exactly how old probably eight?? Model c880666530j0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just where I can get a replacement unit as the oven will not work and only flashes error
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I tried locating your model with the number provided and it is not pulling up. Can you double check that for me. Typically they are located on the inside of the door somewhere.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi that is what the number says for the model, which is located between the door and drawer. I really need to get a replacement as the oven will not work.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Ok let me see what I can figure out give me just a few minutes.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

does your timer by chance have the part number on it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe it does on the back, I will have to get somebody to pull the stove out before I can give you that as I just had hand surgery.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

I have found some parts but its not listed with the model number so whenever you can get me that part number when ever someone can help you I will be more than happy to assist you. In the meantime I will continue searching. You can come back to me at any time no rush.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My son just pulled it out, the only number he found on the back was(###) ###-####would that be it (hopefully)?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Yes it would be thank you one moment while I try to find info for this part.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Sadly I have checked all over and I am coming up empty handed online. The best I can suggest is to call local repair places with that part number and see if they have it. I will open this up to other experts to see if they can find it for you. In the event I find it I will be sure to get back with you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** meantime if we happen to find any other numbers I will send them.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

sounds good and you are very welcome. I cant understand why this is so difficult :) we will try to figure it out though.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cannot either lol my son did just find one other number on the back fingers crossed this is helpful in some way 423704??
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

looking let me see if this works one second please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

I have honestly searched all over with all of these number for any timer parts. What I am thinking is the part has been replaced with a new model and its just not posted online what that newer model part is and will require calling appliance repair shops to see if they can find the number for you. I wish I had better news. I really wanted to be able to be the one to help you with this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think I may have given the wrong part name it would be a control board not timer that needs to be replaced. I know I had this number before as I was going to change the part a while ago and got busy and just didn't bother, we'll have to do further investigating tomorrow. Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Its the control board you are looking for?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that is correct.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

I will continue trying to look for sure but I believe it will still have to be found through an appliance center in your area. I will let you know what I find though.