Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a dacor double oven and the touch screen to touch is

Customer Question

Have a dacor double oven and the touch screen to touch is frozen. The redoubt shows the number. 3 . Help . We need to use the ovens for tonight. Our phone is###-##-#### Help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately as you said, the screen is frozen. The only thing you can do to try to reset the issue is flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If you re-apply power and the screen is still acting up, the display board will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. Depending on the model number that can be quite expensive.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. We are in a rental home and it has locked closets!!! I'm betting the circuit board will not be found������
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hmm, without resetting the power there is no way to try to reset the board. I would hope you have access to the circuit breakers on your house for safety reasons but if not you'll need to call the landlord.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?