John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE monogram model #zdp30n4 professional dual fuel

Customer Question

I have a GE monogram model #zdp30n4 professional dual fuel gas range. The rear sealed burner is broken. I tried to remove the burner for replacement and the venturi just keeps spinning and doesn't unscrew. It turned so much, I spun it out of the gas line. How can I get this out to install a new burner??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just to clarify. When trying to unscrew the venturi fitting out of the base it didin't turn, instead the whole base turned and it spun out of the gas line.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

You will have to remove all of them and the top then to get that apart can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, this is why I am posting to you. I can't get the first one off. it keeps spinning. Any suggestions on how to remove that one or others that may give me the same problem?

Are you able to get the screws out to lift the top off?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do you get the top off of a zdp30n4 without unscrewing the burner ventori's (part #257-range nut with chamfer) off the burner base?

Just unscrew all of them out to get it out even if the nut and chamfer come out together.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The range nut w/chamfer (one piece part #257) are stuck in the Jet holder (part #265) which is connected to the Orifice Main (part# *****) and the whole thing just spins. It doesn't unscrew. It turns and snapped off of the tubing (part#272). My concern is that if I try to remove the other burner and all those stick, then I will be buying a lot of new parts for mucho bucks. Do you have a pro tip for removing the chamfer (#257) from the jet holder (#265). Have you run into this before and what did you do?