Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am having problems with my Electrolux Fridge. It is model

Customer Question

Hello. I am having problems with my Electrolux Fridge. It is model # EW26ss70is. The power failure alarm continues to go off, and it is not a problem with the outlet.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 2009. Model #ew26ss70is
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hope so!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The alarm continues to go off in the middle of the night. Last Night, I had to unplug the fridge because none of the buttons were working. I could not silence the alarm, and I could not raise or lower the temperature which usually solves the problem
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

If you continue to get a power failure error and the refrigerator power supply from your house is definitely good, you need to replace the main control board under the refrigerator which has been re-designed for various issue. The new board will come with new wire connections and the part is all plug and play. To access the part, just open the doors and remove the vent below the doors along the bottom on the front of the refrigerator. There is a plastic box with 1 screw going up into the floor below the refrigerator. Inside this 8" x 8" box is the control board. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for new board kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?