Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Admiral electric dryer. It model# ADE7005AYW. The

Customer Question

I have an Admiral electric dryer. It model# ***** The dryer drum goes around but it does not heat. I'm trying to fix it myself. Whatever happened to it, it melted the coating of the wire's in the 220 receptacle. I purchased and replaced the receptacle and the 220 cord. The dryer is enclosed with no removable back panel. How do I gain access to the inside to be able to check the thermal fuse and the heating element, etc. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

The heating element and everything is located under the dryer drum in the far back left corner, however you access everything through the front of the dryer on this unit. To get inside the dryer you need a putty knife. There are 2 hidden metal clips between the top panel and the front panel on the dryer inside the seam about 4-5 inches from the sides. Push back on these metal spring clips and the top panel of the dryer will hinge up and backwards. Be sure to unplug the dryer at this point. Now you can access the screws going into the back of the front panel in the upper right and left corners. Remove these screws and the front panel will hinge forward, down, and then off. Now you can reach under the drum, disconnect the belt. and pull the drum out so you can access the heating element and fuse and such.

Below is a video on how to test and replace the element and thermal fuse mounted to the element.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am communicating on my cell phone and cannot see the small print as it goes so rapidly and print is so tiny. There is no .volume. Therefore I can't use your information which I'm sure is excellent. Thank you for your time. $28.00 has already been deducted from my account. I didnt know beforehand there would be no volume and print would be so small.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

I can send you an option to speak by phone if you'd like.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I rate your technician as excellent. I have invested and paid $28.00 to this point and would not be able to grasp the information on the phone as fast as I would need to. I wish I had applied my money toward getting a repairman to my home.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

alright well I'm sorry about the complications. If you get to a computer you can log on there and read what I have written you.