Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytage dryer MEDC200XW0 that the timer will run to

Customer Question

I have a maytage dryer MEDC200XW0 that the timer will run to the off position, but, will continue to run even when showing off and through the entire process there is no heat. We have replaced the heating element, and the thermal fuse and checked the breakers. The dryer has worked for ten years so I know the house is wired correctly. please help
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

So this particular dryer is actually made by Whirlpool and sold under the Maytag name. Either way, first I want to link you a video that shows you how to test all the fuses and thermostats and such that can cause the dryer to not heat.

CLICK HERE for video

Now you will need a multimeter to test a heating problem as you can see in the video. Other than that, if all of that stuff in the video checks good, check power going to the back of the dryer. The dryer will run with 110 volts but it won't heat without 220 volts so test power between the 2 outside power wires on the power cord. Lastly, if the power checks good and everything in the video checks good, you have a bad timer control not sending power to the heater so the main timer inside the control panel would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?