Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I HAVE A MAYTAG DRYER (MODEL MEDC200XW0). iT WILL TURN ON

Customer Question

I HAVE A MAYTAG DRYER (MODEL MEDC200XW0). iT WILL TURN ON AND THE TIMER WILL GO DOWN TO THE OFF POSITION BUT THE DRUM CONTINUES TO TURN, BUT, DURING THIS ENTIRE PROCESS, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HEAT COMING FROM THE DRYER. WE HAVE REPLACED THE HEATING ELEMENT AND THE THERMAL FUSE AND THAT HAS NOT FIXED THE HEAT ISSUE EITHER...SO... ANY ADVICE ON WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THE DRYER NOT TO STOP OR HEAT?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

You have a faulty timer assembly it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/WP8299779/909730?rcaid=1000070

And just a side note if the thermal fuse was bad the motor would not run.

If you have any questions just reply back to me

I thought of one other thing!!

Have you tested the voltage to the dryer ?

It requires 240 volts to run and heat but will tumble with just 120 volts to it.

So have you tested the voltage to the dryer yet?

Are you still there?