Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire Affinity Model LEQ6400FS0, when I turn

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Frigidaire Affinity Model LEQ6400FS0 , when I turn it on it will start and then shut off, at time you smell electrical wiring burning.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

When the dryer shuts off, can you start it up right away again or do you need to wait?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you can
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No just send me the needed information to make the repair
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

This unit has a digital display so if it shuts off it should be storing an error code. Attached below are the instructions on how to pull up your error code. Can you tell me what error you're getting?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay to let you know my Pause-cancel and start are three different buttons, I am not getting to what you are talking about. I get rE5 on the little window.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The START/PAUSE is one button and the CANCEL button is right beside it. Following the directions at the link below, can you please retrieve any stored error codes, please?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried to retrieve the code time and time again, with no luck! like I said to you before I have one button that says
1-cancel
2-start/pause
3-select
So you saying I should be pushing all three buttons at the same time? and how do I find the 3 O'clock position on the knob when there is no reference point on the knob?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I am a new tech, sorry for the confusion. No, only the START/PAUSE & CANCEL right beside it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

READING ERROR CODES

1. Press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset control. The buzzer will sound 1 time and “rES” will be shown briefly in the display.

2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 2 turns counter-clockwise to the third position from the top, and then press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds. The control will enter Field Test Mode, the buzzer will sound 3 times, and the digital display will alternate between “Fld” and the firmware revision number (ex. “r03”).

3. Rotate the cycle selector knob 2 turns counterclockwise. The error code will appear in the digit display.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What if when it starts I get a puff of electrical smoke from the mother area?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

At the main control area?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Number 1 below?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
come of from the bottom of the drum around the motor after it turns and shuts off
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

That helps, thank you, Cecil! It sounds like the motor is faulty, explaining the odor of electrical smell you noticed.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that is what I thought because it will turn for about 5 seconds and then shut off and then a puff of electrical smoke will rise from the bottom of the unit.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like a new motor will get you back up and running. Nice work!